Unable to install (v1.9.5 on Ubuntu 16.04) - HTTP 500 Error during "Finalize Setup"

I’m trying to do a fresh installation of Razuna 1.9.5 on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit and a remote MySQL database.

I am able to start up Razuna and bring up the setup wizard.

After successfully entering all parameters including the MySQL database parameters, I click the “Finalize Setup” button and get a HTTP 500 error.

On the server side, I am able to see the HTTP 500 error in catalina.log file on a single line, but no stack trace or crash information.

I see the following error in catalina.out log file every 60 seconds. This is coming from razuna-searchserver, but I’m not sure if it is related.

{ts ‘2018-04-04 10:57:45’} — Executing Remove from Cron
{ts ‘2018-04-04 10:57:45’} ---------------------- Starting removal
{ts ‘2018-04-04 10:57:45’} ---------------------- Config Error. Aborting… !!!
±-------------±-
| type | Database
| detail | The datasource razuna_server could not be found or was invalid
| message | General SQL Error
| errorcode | errorCode.sqlError
| extendedinfo | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [razuna_server] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [r
| tagcontext | {CFML Type::array}
| tagname | CFQUERY
| template | /opt/razuna_tomcat_1_9_5/tomcat/webapps/razuna-searchserver/api/authentication.cfc
| line | 71
| column | 4
±-------------±-
{ts ‘2018-04-04 10:57:45’} ---------------------- Creating new collections
{ts ‘2018-04-04 10:57:45’} — Executing Indexing from Cron
{ts ‘2018-04-04 10:57:45’} ---------------------- Config Error. Aborting… !!!
±-------------±-
| type | Database
| detail | The datasource razuna_server could not be found or was invalid
| message | General SQL Error
| errorcode | errorCode.sqlError
| extendedinfo | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [razuna_server] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [r
| tagcontext | {CFML Type::array}
| tagname | CFQUERY
| template | /opt/razuna_tomcat_1_9_5/tomcat/webapps/razuna-searchserver/api/authentication.cfc
| line | 71
| column | 4
±-------------±-

Hi,
Are you sure that your razuna server is allowed to connect to the remote MySQL database ?
Try in command line to be sure, something like this from your razuna server :
mysql -u username -p -h remote_mysql_host remote_database

You may also check in database the table called options. It contains values for task server and search server. You may have to adjust values if database is remote from razuna.

HTH

We have the same problem, i tried different Operating Systems from “Ubuntu 16.04” to “MS Server 2016” and “2012”

The mysql server was always installed on the same server as razuna, so it cant be a firewall or connection problem.

I’ve tried a fresh install on Ubuntu 16.04 with database MySQL and can’t finish install.
I had to start with standard h2 install, clean cache then change database to MySQL to get it working.

For MySQL, I don’t know if the issue is corrected but on the version I got, I had to do the following modification :
open file tomcat/webapps/razuna/global/cfc/db_mysql.cfc and go to line 1477 to remove the final coma
(Razuna 1.9.5 error in razuna/global/cfc/db_mysql.cfc)

I also pre-created database with the follwing comand :
create database razuna character set utf8;SET GLOBAL innodb_large_prefix = 1;SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format = barracuda;SET GLOBAL innodb_file_per_table = true;"

HTH

This is what fixed it for me!!! I’ll try to create a bug for this shortly.

@scivray - Thank you very much for responding.
@Highfidelity - Check the above file and see if it fixes your problem as well. Good luck!