Razuna Launches Razuna 1.7: Open Source and Cloud Digital Asset Management Provider, Razuna, Expands DAM Software to Accelerate the Asset On-Boarding Process with Minimal Resources Resulting in Cutting Implementation Time to a Few Days.Razuna, the leading provider of open source and cloud based digital asset management software, announced today the release of version 1.7. The release is highly focused on improving user interaction and optimizing the on-boarding process for its many users.
“A critical part of digital asset management is the on-boarding process,” explains Nitai Aventaggiato, CTO and founder of Razuna. “We see many customers missing this important process, when implementing a DAM system. So we decided to add features to make it easier while ensuring high quality.”
As part of the development process, Razuna identified a number of global, key customers to act as advisors. This gave the Razuna team deeper insights into enterprise client implementations, and helped to customize the software to a broader range of use.
“We serve everyone from medium sized businesses to global enterprises, and no matter the size of the customer, the key factors for success are always: Rapid Implementation, Easy On-Boarding, High Data Quality and Ease-of-Use,” says Nitai Aventaggiato. “Those key elements are always in the back of our mind, when adding new features.”
And with Razuna 1.7, the team definitely proved this point. Each new feature was designed to help the customers achieve success.
“One of our customers, a global travel agency, actually held an internal seminar for all of their Country IT Managers to showcase Razuna as the fastest IT implementation thus far in their company,” says Nitai Aventaggiato. “That’s one of those things that makes us proud to do, what we do.”
All Razuna’s existing customers will be upgraded to Razuna 1.7 as part their service agreement. Open source users may download the new version from http://www.razuna.org.
New customers can sign up directly on: http://www.razuna.com
The most exciting new features in Razuna 1.7 are:
- Aliases: You can create aliases within folders now. Select a file, create an alias for that file in another folder and you got a link between these files. Aliases behave just like their original file.
- Import of custom XMP metadata: Import custom metadata from any other system with ease in Razuna 1.7. Create a custom field in Razuna and define the XMP-Path of the metadata. Razuna will automatically parse the XMP metadata and enter the value into the custom field.
- Customise Search: You can lock down the search to folders only.
- Search and Label View: We are happy to announce that a long standing request by the Razuna community has been satisfied with 1.7. In short, the label and the search view have now (almost) all the functionality you can find in the standard folder view.
- White-Labelling: White-Labelling is now available per host!
Customisation: Razuna 1.7 has now even more customisation options.
- Each icon, button, tab, etc. can now be made accessible to certain groups only (instead of show/hide for everyone).
- Option to redirect users to folders can now be assigned per group.
- Metadata can now be shown on top of the file and at the bottom (previously only at the bottom).
- Labels for each metadata field can now be turned off.
- Administration: The administration can now be made accessible to certain members of a group. Previously, you had to be an Administrator of the host to be able to access the Administration.
- Renditions: It is now possible to swap the original file with a rendition.
- Thumbnails: You can now upload a thumbnail for all file types (thus replacing the default Word, ZIP, etc. icon) and additionally choose from a thumbnail already uploaded to the system.
- Folder Tree: Finally long folder names do not simply extend but wrap properly (Yeah!)