In document search

How do I set-up in-document search? We have a business need to search content of Word, text, and PDF documents. This function is not working in our Razuna instance.

Is this a configuration I can set-up?

This should be working out-of-the-box. We will look at your server and get back to you.

Hello,

I see what the “issue” is. We will need to change some things on our side here, as the current implementation is based on local storage. However, as Hazelden uses Amazon S3 storage, it does not index the files in the same way.

Please allow us some time to make this change. Once done, we will get back to you.

Thank you.

Thank you, Nitai. Please provide a time estimate. We are holding up a project based on this functionality being available to us.

Kind regards,

Ann

Ann ArmstrongDirector of Marketing Technology

Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Desk: 651-213-4270

aarmstrong@hazeldenbettyford.org

Hi,

I can not provide an estimate as this is a new functionality, which will have an impact on other customers also.

I do however, have it on our to-do list and I’m sure we will tackle it real soon.

Nitai, I thought you wrote in-document search for Word and TXT formats is out-of-the-box functionality. Why would this be an item for a to-do list?

The functionality is there. However, your files are stored in the cloud and during indexing the file is not available anymore. We need to re-factor how we approach this.

It’s just the content of the file itself that is not being indexed right now. Everything else, e.g., keywords, description, metadata in general, is indexed.

Thank you. Now I understand.