How to best utilise "Collections"

Having installed a Self-Hosted version of Razuna (1.7) I’m testing as a user before we configure and roll out for additional users. The videos have been quite helpful. However, I’m struggling to find any useful information about “Collections” and how best to utilise them. I have searched in both the wiki and forums but there is very little going on there about this topic. Have I missed some resource or other?

Collections are the same as folders, but instead of holding physical assets you simply add assets to a collection and they are links back to the originals. You can use collection to hold many different assets from different folders. Thus giving you some sort of a “collection” for different assets. As they act the same as folders you can share these, create widgets, give access, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Nitai, That does help. So Collections are similar to “Albums” in Apple Photos etc.

@Nitai What do you mean when you say " instead of holding physical assets you simply add assets to a collection and they are links back to the originals"? I’m not sure I understand the distinction.

Hi Gabrielle_Ferrara ,

The collection is where storing the links of assets from many folders. If you delete an asset in a collection then the original asset still alive in their folders as you just deleted the link of asset.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks!

Great… now how do you create one? When you click on collections, there’s no option to create one. When you select assets, there’s an option to add them to a collection, but since none exist you can’t add them to one. How do you create a collection??

Hi pagesix1536 ,

You can select Collections from the left menu panel to show all existing collections , then click into Manage to creat a new collection from there.

Please see the image as below :slightly_smiling:

Hope this helps.

Thanks

If I enable sharing with my Folders, do I need to use Collections?

No, you don’t need collections. Collections are good to collect assets from different locations in one location, i.e. a collection.