First install - this site can’t be reached

Hi,

I’m trying to install razuna on my centos 7 server.
I followed the guide and installed all dependencies, downloaded the latest razuna version unzipped it at /opt and run the startup.sh script in the bin folder. I also made sure that permissions of the webapps/razuna folder are set at 755.

I’m getting the error that the url isn’t reachable: http://h2786961.stratoserver.net:8080/razuna.

I wonder if it has something to do with my server setup or the razuna installation. Any pointers?

Thanks!
Jiannis

Hey, Jiannis,

Can you confirm that Tomcat is running at http://h2786961.stratoserver.net:8080 ? You should see a page like this:

Eric

no, tomcat doesn’t seem to run. Although when I run ./startup.sh I get “tomcat started”

Hmmm… open tomcat/conf/server.xml and see if the connector port is, in fact, set to 8080.

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           connectionTimeout="300"
           redirectPort="8443" 
           maxPostSize="0"
           enableLookups="false"
           disableUploadTimeout="false"
           maxKeepAliveRequests="-1"
           useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
           compression="on"
           server="Razuna Application Server"
           maxThreads="200"
           minSpareThreads="25"
           acceptCount="100"

/>

thanks for your prompt reply! The connector port is 8080; here’s a screenshot of the whole conf file

What about your Java setup? In tomcat/bin/setenv.sh there should be a line that points to your Java home directory. For example, mine says:

JRE_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_172/Contents/Home

I’m not sure if Tomcat will even start without properly pointing to your Java directory, but it’s worth checking. :slight_smile:

BTW, my installation is running on a Mac server, so the directories are likely to differ.

nope, no such line in opt/razuna_tomcat_1_9_5/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh

Maybe add JRE_HOME=wherever/your/java/home/directory/is to the beginning of setenv.sh and try to start Tomcat again?

thanks Eric, that did the trick!

Glad you got it going!!