Bug in import.cfg

It seams to be that there is a bug in the import.cfg of the 1.9.5 version.
c_thecopynotice should be assigned to cfset arguments.thestruct.xmp_copyright_notice
and c_theiptcinstructions should be assigned cfset arguments.thestruct.iptc_status_instruction

in file import.cfg currently in
line 575
<cfif c_theiptcinstructions NEQ “”>
<cfset arguments.thestruct.xmp_copyright_notice = evaluate(c_theiptcinstructions)>
</cfif>
line 644
<cfif c_thecopynotice NEQ “”>
<cfset arguments.thestruct.iptc_status_instruction = evaluate(c_thecopynotice)>
</cfif>

from my point of view it should be that way. But please correct me if I’m wrong!
line 575
<cfif c_thecopynotice NEQ “”>
<cfset arguments.thestruct.xmp_copyright_notice = evaluate(c_thecopynotice)>
</cfif>
line 644
<cfset arguments.thestruct.iptc_status_instruction = evaluate(c_theiptcinstructions)>
</cfif>

Hi,

Thanks for that. Though, I’m pretty sure they are correct as the IPTC instructions “instruct” of the copyright usage.

Honestly, the whole IPTC and XMP metadata is a bit of a mess. Adobe could establish XMP because everybody uses Photoshop and PDF, not because it is a great toolkit.

In any case, references are https://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp.html and https://iptc.org/standards/photo-metadata/iptc-standard/

I will stand corrected, though :slight_smile:

Hi Nitai,
thank you for your quick answer!
I came to that issue, because I exported metadata with the field copynotice as CVS and imported it back with an import-template mapping copynotice back to field copynotice. As I found the copy notice in the IPTC instruction field (and copynotice empty) I looked deeper and found the issue above. Whatever the references say it should be consistent within razuna, shouldn’t it?

When you change them around and save it (don’t forget to flush the template cache). Does it work properly then?

Hi Nitai,

If I change them around it does work properly! But I had also to change the lines 653 from:
<cfset arguments.thestruct.iptc_status_rights_usage_terms = evaluate(c_theiptcinstructions)>
</cfif>

to
<cfif c_theiptcusageterms NEQ “”>
<cfset arguments.thestruct.iptc_status_rights_usage_terms = evaluate(c_theiptcusageterms)>
</cfif>

I think there were too many repetitive tasks to perform when coding this :slight_smile:

nevertheless, it works for me now. Will the fix be within an update version some day, or does it conflict with other issues regarding the references you mentioned?

I’ve checked everything else and they are just being used in this place. Thank you.

Thank you too!