Best server platform for self-hosted Razuna

What is everyone’s opinion on hosting environments - do you think that Razuna performs best on a Linux OS, or do you think it’s more suited for Windows?

I’ve been asked to make a decision on the future of our Razuna server. The physical box it’s currently residing on is past warranty and needs to be replaced. I have the luxury of choosing whether the replacement should be a Windows Server environment or on an Ubuntu Server LTS environment. (I am a systems admin for the company and equally comfortable with both, with the tie-breaker going to Linux.) Our Razuna system is currently running on Windows Server 2008 R2, which is past due for an update. The database is hosted on a separate, dedicated MariaDB server, and it’s running flawlessly. I have never installed or operated Razuna in a Linux environment, but doing so wouldn’t be difficult for me.

Would like to hear back from Linux admins about their Razuna experience - good/bad, pros and cons. Thanks!

Will,

Ubuntu Server LTS 16.x is the way to go. Java performs very well and also all 3rd-party libraries are left up-to-date. We run it on all our servers and is also our recommendation for production deployment.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, Nitai. At the moment, I am leaning towards Ubuntu Server for the replacement. Have you had any experience with it running on 18.04 LTS? I don’t imagine there would be too much difference between it and Xenial.

We haven’t tested it with 18…. We usually wait for the general release of any LTS and then some more before giving thumbs up